MY WORK EXPERIENCE IN CORK

This month in Cork, I worked in Oxfam, a charity shop, with 4 volunteers and 3 students from Ireland and 4 students from Italy. They were doing an internship like me. 
The main things that I had to do were: 
•Fold all the clothes or hang them
•stay on the till 
•help with the delivery on Tuesday 
•open and close the shop 
Work in this shop it was very exciting  and instructive, all my colleagues were very helpful. It was a great experience. 
I learned a lot about how to manage a shop, the unexpected events and how to help and interact with the customers. 


During my internship in Oxfam, I had the opportunity to ask some questions to my colleagues, about work opportunities in Ireland, for the young people and if and how the renewable energies are used. 
I asked to one of my colleagues about work  opportunities: he told me that now for the young workers to find a job is difficult, but the state helps a lot to make people employed. Even if sometimes young people go abroad to look for a job and the accommodations are cheaper than in Ireland. 
I also asked about the renewable energies and another colleague told me that in the past  Irish people were used to use a lot of fossil fuel, but in the last few years people are becoming more sensible about this issues because they understood that at home like at work, for example, the thermal insulation, permit you to save money. 
At the and of this period I can say that it was an inspiring experience, because I understood more about the work’s world and Ireland in general. 

I hope to have the chance to have other occasions like the one it has just passed  !!! 

Commenti

Post più popolari