My experience in Cork


I had the opportunity to spend a month in Cork city. I’ve been working with “Helping Hands”, an adoption agency that is in charge of communicating with governments and institutions of the countries from where they adopt children.
I usually started working at 10 a.m., had a break lunch from 1:30 to 2:00 and finished at 3:30.
During this internship of 4 weeks I’ve been doing different things like:
  • filing 
  • Archiving
  • Typing
  • Excel spreadsheets
  • Microsoft Access Database entry
  • Greeting visitors
  • File audits
It was a great experience: I’ve learned new things in the social field, talked with clients and became efficient in doing things on time at work, reinforcing my responsible sense of duty.
I’ve learned to not be shy and ask questions when I needed help. I can say that I was lucky to work in such a good and challenging atmosphere with great colleagues that tried to help me whenever i needed them, involving me in crew meetings. 
I had also the chance to have a conversation with my colleagues about work opportunities for young people and I have been told that in Ireland there is a good chance of finding jobs but that the main problem is the lack of houses for people; therefore accommodations can be very expensive and not that good in terms of price and quality. 
For heating houses, the Irish population used a lot of fossil fuel and to solve that, the government from 2011 emanated a law stating that whoever waisted a lot of fuels had to pay extra taxes.
The solution of this problem was using renewable energies so that they could heat houses like before without waisting and polluting as in the past.
It was a great experience from which I understood a lot of new things about Ireland and it’s environmental history.
I hope to do more experience like this in the future!



Sana saba 

Commenti

Post più popolari